Have you been thinking of taking care of your skin in this dry, cold season? Or, are you looking for a guide to fight with the skin problems come this winter? Then you are in the right place, my friend. To shield your skin from the frosty winter do read our easy-peasy natural skincare tips, which you can DIY at home without any trouble.
Staying Hydrated is one of the most essential & easy tips that one can follow. Your skin gets dry, itchy & irritated in this cold weather & to alleviate this dryness of skin you must drink ample water to stay hydrated. Sometimes you may forget to drink water, that’s why make a habit out of sipping your H2O by setting the alarm or reminder in your cell phone or try something silly like whenever you see your timepiece take a sip of your water bottle. Just make sure you drink enough water in winter to make your skin hydrated & smooth.
Using moisturizer in winter is essential to keep your skin smooth & dry free. Try an easy as well as an efficient DIY moisturizer for keeping your skin soft & silky in winter. Sometimes it can be frustrating to make anything yourself at home, and it can be devastating as well if you do not get the desired result. That’s why you should follow this potent two ingredients DIY moisturizer & save your valuable time & energy.
You need the following materials:
- Four ounces of Coconut oil (any other natural oils can be used).
- .5 ounces of Organic beeswax.
Use a double boiler to mix the two ingredients and melt the wax entirely into liquid form. Then pour the mixture in a bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until creamy. Store this mixture in a tight-fitting jar & use this daily to keep your skin glowing & luscious.
Applying lotion is another traditional & usual way of keeping your skin healthy and soft in winter, but keep in mind that beauty products that are found in markets contain toxic chemicals that can harm or damage skin. So try to avoid using those products and make your lotion at home using natural ingredients. With this efficient DIY method and some natural ingredients you can make your miracle lotion. This DIY lotion needs only a few natural ingredients that are less expensive and readily available.
You need ingredients such as:
- One tablespoon glycerin,
- 1 cup of coconut oil,
- Two tablespoon almond oil,
- One tablespoon of Argan oil.
The first step is to melt your coconut oil by using the aforementioned double boiler technique. After melting the fat, get it to room temperature and mix two tablespoons of almond oil (or you can use Jojoba and Olive oil) as well as add one tablespoon of Argan oil. Then refrigerate the mixture until it solidifies, make sure not to freeze it rock hard, make it like butter. After this, grab your electric mixer and beat it to whip cream consistency. Then mix one tablespoon of glycerin to the mixture and store the lotion into a tight lid jar and keep using it to have sweet, soft & glowing skin.
Lip Scrub or Balm
Protecting your lips from cold weather is highly essential because when winter hits, the first body part it affects is your lips. So if you want your lips to be remained soft and moisturized in the chilly weather, a homemade DIY lip scrub could be proven beneficial for you.
All you need to make this lip scrub are:
- Two tablespoons sugar,
- One tablespoon honey or agave nectar,
- One tablespoon of olive oil,
- One tablespoon of peppermint oil which is optional.
Take a bowl and add all the ingredients one by one. Then after mixing all the parts, put the scrub in old scrub jar or lip balm stick. Use this naturally made lip scrub to make your sweet lips soft and kissable.
Cold weather can leave you with dry skin on your foot. Scale the dead skin from your feet with our simple DIY foot scrub.
- Heel Scrubbing: Scrubbing your heel is as easy as making a pie! Take a small cup and combine:
- 1/4th cup sea salt,
- One tablespoon sweet almond oil.
Mix the oil & salt into a thick paste. Then apply the mixture on your heels and continue scrubbing each heel for 5 minutes.
- Rinse: Take warm water and rinse your feet with it. This is an ideal way of taking care of your feet in cold weather.
- Put your socks on: After getting rinsed and scrubbed, put on your socks for at least an hour to make your feet soft & comfy.
Using masks on the face is essential in the cold, dry season to keep moisture in your skin. To rejuvenate your dry face, you can use everyday kitchen items to create your facial mask.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a fantastic plant. It is also described as a “wonder plant” and has many herbal qualities that are beneficial to health and skin — using the gel as the mask is helpful for your skin to stay hydrated & moisture in this dry season.
- Greek yogurt: We all know Greek yogurt as a food item, but it can also be used as a mask. Take 1 cup of yogurt & mix a pinch of cinnamon powder with it. Beat yogurt until it gets thick consistency and then apply it on your face for an hour. Wash your face with warm water to get a glowing skin.
- Avocado: You can also use avocado to your skin as a mask. Take an avocado and mash it into a paste. Then apply the paste on your skin as a mask.
- Papaya and Banana mask: Take half-ripe papaya, one banana, and mash them together into a paste. Apply them on your skin to get a healthy soft skin.
Exfoliation is a process by which you can slough off old skin cells. As you age, your ability to regenerate new skin slows down, and gentle exfoliation with mask and scrub can scale off your old skin cells and makes the way of generating fresh glowing skin.
Besides sleeping & good eating habits is also essential to keep your skin healthy, soft and glowing in dry, cold winter. You need to eat healthily as well as to sleep for 6 hours a day.